Social media is constantly changing. We know that it can be hard to keep up, so each month we’re going to provide you with a quick round-up of the latest news in the space. We stay on top of all the changes so you don’t have to.
- Embeddable Posts: If you have a blog, you’ve probably had the urge to embed a Facebook post so you can share an interesting conversation. Now, Facebook has given you the ability to do just that. Post must be set to public in order to be embedded.
- Company Page Analytics: LinkedIn added analytic support to Company Pages Wednesday, giving businesses the opportunity to track how content shared on LinkedIn performs.
- Improved Pinterest App: If you use Pinterest on your phone, you’ll notice there’s been a recent update to the interface. This new version allows you to pin faster. You simply press and hold any pin to get three options: pin, like or send.
- MixBit App: The founders of YouTube recently released a new mobile video app, likely in an attempt to compete with Vine and Instagram. You can record clips as long as 16 seconds and include as many as 256 clips in a single video. Different from other apps: you can cut and rearrange clips and save drafts before hitting publish.
- Update to Video: Now, Instagram lets you upload pre-made videos from your phone to your Instagram feed. Now, you can edit a video through another platform and then upload it to Instagram.