Did you know that Facebook is now over 11 years old? It’s all grown up and still leading the social media pack. With a host of interesting statistics, social media is constantly changing and evolving. Here’s some fun facts.
- There are 7.2 billion people on the planet, just over 3 billion active Internet users, and nearly 2.1 billion people with social media accounts.
- 47% of all Internet users are on Facebook.
- Direct uploads of user videos to Facebook now exceed YouTube.
- There are more than 500 million tweets sent out each day by the platforms 284 million active users.
- The +1 button introduced by Google+ is hit more than 5 billion times each day.
- 53% of internet users aged 18-29 use Instagram.
- 88% of Pinterest users (80% of whom are female) purchase a product they pinned.
- LinkedIn had $643 million in total revenue at the end of 2014, a growth rate of 44% over the previous period.
- Snapchat has been valued at close to $20 billion.
- Social networks will earn $8.3 billion from advertising in 2015.
Do you still think social has no value for business?