Today, we have the pleasure of getting to know Denae Montesi, from our William Raveis New York City office. Denae graduated from Hofstra University, and she has been one of our Top Producers this year from the NYC office.
- What drew you to the real estate industry?
When I was younger I used to read the AOL real estate section online. I learned which towns had the highest taxes, what cities are getting gentrified, best places for investment. Years later I was talking about how much I loved Real Estate with my husband, he asked why I never tried it out. Two months later I was enrolled in real estate classes.
- Where did you grow up and where do you live now?
I grew up in Long Island and I currently live in the Upper East Side of Manhattan with my husband and two dogs.
- Without naming names, tell us the funniest/craziest story from a real estate transaction that you’ve experienced!
Someone got so many offers of their apartment, the seller thought it must be so special they decided not to sell.
- Name 5 things that most people don’t know about you.
I love writing. I write almost every month.
I am very close with my family
I have had the same group of close friends since I have been 14
I am a good singer. I attended a performing arts high school.
I like almost every person I meet! I truly love people. Meeting new people in real estate is my favorite part about the job.
- You are stranded on a deserted island for one year, you get to bring 3 things – Tell us what they are.
My phone, toothbrush and a razor
- Most used feature on Raveis365? Tell us why!
Moxi works option to set sales goals. So motivating!!!
- What is the best advice you received from your parents or loved ones?
To be grateful and remember during the hard times this too shall pass.
- If you weren’t in real estate, what would be your dream job?
I don’t have one specific dream job. To own an animal sanctuary for rescues would be high on the list.
- What are your favorite local activities that you participate in?
The New York Junior League, where I volunteer to inspire young ladies to become leaders. Dog walking group (they are amazing!) we see each other every morning and catch up while our dogs play.
- Fill in the blank: Your day cannot begin without?
Snuggling my dogs.